Applicants may apply once for this round and for one business only. For business owners with multiple businesses, please complete this application based on the business that aligns best with the program. This grant is limited to one grant per individual and business tax ID. Awards will be made to qualified businesses, and eligibility is based on accurate and complete submission.
: For a list of the eligibility requirements for this grant program, please visit the program webpage
The EOI process is used to determine each applicant's preliminary eligibility for the SBRG. In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria related to business attributes and business type; eligible businesses must be located in Henrico County and serve a Low- or Moderate- Income Area in Henrico County, as defined by HUD as being an aggregation of census block groups with at least 51% of households under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) 80% LMI threshold.
- Business owners will complete online EOI forms and LISC Virginia will conduct a preliminary review of each applicant’s eligibility based on the information provided.
- Henrico County Department of Community Revitalization (DCR) will verify that businesses are current on all Henrico County taxes, fees, filings, and utility payments (or able to become current) and serve a low-to-moderate income service area, as outlined in the EOI Overview.
- LISC Virginia will notify all businesses of their eligibility determination via email:
- If it is determined that the business does not serve at least 51% LMI households, the business can provide their own documentation for DCR review to demonstrate that they meet this criteria.
- If your business is determined “eligible” for the SBRG, they will be invited to participate in the SBRG's application process. A determination of "eligibility" does not guarantee a grant will be awarded to your business.
- Following determinations of eligibility, businesses will be subject to a due diligence review by LISC Virginia as part of the application process. Businesses will be required to submit supporting documentation to demonstrate eligibility as reported in the EOI form. A list of supporting documentation required is included on the FAQ page. We encourage applicants to begin gathering these documents in the meantime.
Data entered on this secure form utilizes FormAssembly. More info
Conflict of Interest
: Current directors, officers, employees, and contractors of LISC and such individuals' family members (spouse, parents, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and spouses of children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren), and any other person who may have a conflict regarding the use of CDBG funds from Henrico County are not eligible to apply for or seek an award.
: If awarded, please be advised that the business/applicant’s application information, name, statements, and other information provided during the award process may be used for promotional purposes in all forms and media and the business/applicant may be contacted by LISC and/or the program sponsors for such purposes. Applicant grants to LISC and the program sponsors (Henrico County and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)) a perpetual license to use such information without additional compensation (except where prohibited by law), and without any right to review and/or approve such content. Until notified otherwise, applicants must agree not to share any status as an eligible business publicly, including but not limited to all social media platforms, news media, or local publications.
Monitoring: This program is funded with federal CDBG funds through HUD. LISC, Henrico County, and/or HUD may review, monitor, or audit this program. As part of any review, HUD or Henrico County may require access to documentation demonstrating funds provided to any business were used in accordance with the application submitted and program requirements. Failure to provide requested documentation to LISC upon request may require repayment of grant funds.Submission Guidance
It is recommended that before completing and submitting the online form, respondents save their answers in a separate backup document, as your work may not be saved if you leave the web page before submitting the application. You may also lose your work if your internet is disconnected, or as a result of other potential web browser issues. We
cannot accept changes to your application once it has been submitted, so please review it carefully. You will see a confirmation page after successful completion of this application.